Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Welcome to My Mega Guitar Blog

Hello,
My name is Ed and I am a guitaraholic. I've been completely obsessed with the guitar since I was 15 years old. I've been playing them, fixing them, buying them and selling them for more than 25 years. I play acoustic and electric guitar. I like a wide variety of music: folk, classic rock, alternative, metal, blues, jazz, country, R&B, pop, etc. I like any music that sounds good and has a guitar in it.

I get a lot of guitar related questions from friends and family members that know I play. I decided to start a blog to share my experience with the guitar. My goal is to become a resource to beginners and intermediate players. I plan to keep the format informal and loose. In other words, I want it to be fun for my subscribers (if I get any) and me. I will start off like you are an absolute beginner and move on from there. My goal is to give you a solid base and point you in the right direction. Eventually my goal is to give equipment reviews, playing tips, maintenance and repair tutorials along with advice on how to sell guitars and guitar related gear on eBay, guitar forums and Craigslist.

This blog will be complimented by my upcoming You Tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaGuitar316

This will allow me to give you actual video examples of the different concepts I plan to discuss.

I want this blog to be interactive. You can send your guitar related questions to me at MegaGuitar316@yahoo.com 

Why did I select the name "MegaGuitar316"? I was looking for something guitar related that sound cool (to me) and came up with Mega Guitar 316. "Mega" comes from one of my favorite Detroit Lions players: Calvin "Megatron" Johnson. The number 316 is significant to me. It's my birthday: March, 16th, it's a great Bible verse: John 3:16 ~ "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." and its a cool VanHalen instrumental: 316. 

Thanks,
Ed aka ~ MG316

No comments:

Post a Comment